Sunday, November 9, 2014

perfect timing.

I'm spotting, which means I should hit full flow before day's end. Which means that I will be moving from the priming cycle into the IVF/FET cycle which means YAY.

I'd been so worried about the timing, because I have a hectic week at work coming up (including a 2-day off-site meeting, one day of which I absolutely cannot miss). But assuming I do indeed hit full flow in the next 8-10 hours, then I'll go in for baseline tomorrow (I have a 12:30 meeting on my calendar but that's it) and, if I opt for the endo scratch, I'd go in for that Tuesday morning-ish.

I say "if" because I'm leaning against it, now, based on the timing. I don't typically stim for more than 10-12 days, and both IVFs have led to Day 2 transfers. Since my donor embryos are 2PN, Dr. Smiles might opt to transfer them as Day 3s OR wait until the develop into blasts. Either way, I can't guarantee that I'd get a full two weeks post-scratch, in which case I could actually be hurting the embryos' chances.

I really wish I could've spoken to Dr. Smiles when I first asked about the scratch, but I'm certainly not going to hold this cycle up over it. I'll just tuck it in my back pocket for any additional cycles I may desire/require.

Diet-wise, I'm still sticking to plan. Technically I can start adding in Bad List items a couple of times a week, but I don't think I will. Even on the restrictive phase, I'm still not dropping weight like crazy. Although I know I'll be shedding the pre-period bloat in the next couple of days, so maybe I just need to be more patient. I'm down a total of 9 lbs., which is about three shy of where I wanted to be after four weeks, but I'll take it.


  1. Yay! Happy to hear you can move forward with the protocol.

    1. Thanks! I'm excited but also a little nervous. (I know you know how this is.)