Thursday, April 2, 2015

6w0d.

Baby's size: Lentil

Next appointment: April 6th

Total weight gain: .4 lb.

Exercise: Took the dog for a long walk on Monday, but due to brown spotting, RE now has me on exercise restriction. Yesterday I felt guilty taking the stairs at work! So am using the elevator until I have four continuous days of no spotting.

Sleep: Still pretty exhausted. Have a tendency to pass out on the couch. Last night, though, Mr. Hope conked out before I did, and I actually read a few chapters before bed. It was nice!

Food cravings: Still nothing out of the ordinary - peanut butter, Cadbury Mini Eggs, black pepper popcorn. I have been thinking a lot about a Korean dish I had for the first time two weeks ago; might have to get it for lunch this weekend.

Food aversions: Anything too sweet. I am down to one bump of stevia in my decaf and tea, because two feels ridiculously sweet and even chemical-y. Mr. Hope brought home a bag of the Dark Chocolate Mini Eggs but they have MORE sugar than the Milk Chocolate ones (if you can believe it) and I can't eat them. Gross.

Symptoms: Same as last week, only with more heartburn. I have a bag of Tums in my purse now. Also the brown spotting thing started a few days ago. Likely the result of an irritated cervix but there were a couple of days when I was panicked because I was certain miscarriage was impending, even though I know spotting (especially brown) is normal. Will feel much better when that goes away!

What I'm loving: 12%. This is what the PA put our miscarriage risk at.

What I'm looking forward to: Our next ultrasound, which should confirm the heartbeat.

Best moment this week: That gorgeously high beta. Even after the ultrasound confirmed a yolk sac, it still didn't feel real enough until I heard the number and worked out the doubling time. Yay for a healthy placenta!

6 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with Cadbury mini eggs! But milk chocolate only, the dark chocolate don't do it for me. I may or may not have already gone through a huge $10 bag of these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! They are my favorite. Those and the Reese's. Mr. Hope found mini Reese's eggs and they are PERFECT. That and the Cadbury mini eggs make me ridiculously happy.

      Delete
  2. We have some strawberry creme filled mini Cadbury eggs...not as good as the original creme egg though. My favorite from back home are the robin's eggs, but I can't find them here. Many eggs have been consumed over the past few years searching for them too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So in the states Cadbury doesn't make the Cadbury Creme Eggs any more - Hershey's does. Mr. Hope brought me home one and I was like, "What the eff is this?" Gross. The robin's eggs - like malted milk balls?

      Delete
  3. I did the elevator for a least a week past no spotting. No regrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just feel dumb because I work in a small office. I'm on the second floor and I never take the elevator. During my cycle I started taking it up when I had my laptop bag because it's way over my 10 lb. limit. Now I have to take it all of the time and I am so self-conscious about it. No one knows WHY I'm riding the elevator. They probably just think I'm lazy.

      Delete