Monday, September 29, 2014

preparation.

Today I start my pre-colonoscopy diet (or, as people who suffer from Crohn's disease call it, a "low-residue diet"). Here's what I can eat between now and Thursday breakfast:

  • White bread
  • White pasta
  • Cream of Wheat
  • Yogurt without fruit in it
  • Saltines
  • Pretzels
  • Low-fat protein (boiled chicken recommended)
  • Some cheese
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Canned green beans and peas

Here's what I can't eat:

  • Fresh fruits and vegetables
  • Whole grain breads/cereals/pasta
  • Nuts and seeds
  • Pretty much anything with fiber

Mr. Hope is in heaven, as he prefers to eat like a picky toddler. I, on the other hand, am totally lost. This is completely foreign to the way I eat on a daily basis. And yes, I love to indulge in processed garbage once in a while, but NO fresh vegetables? I mean, really.

I'm also filling out the paperwork for tomorrow's appointment with the third-party reproduction coordinator at my clinic. As of tomorrow, we will officially be on "the list" for donor embryos. Is it too soon to squee?

No comments:

Post a Comment