Thursday, June 18, 2015


Baby's size: Turnip, pear, or onion.

Next appointment: July 7

Total weight gain: 30.2 lbs. Which means I'm up 4 lbs. from last week. Is this the new meds? Too many carbs? What?

Exercise: Not much this week. Yoga again and am scheduled to go walking tonight. I've been sick, which hasn't helped.

Sleep: The first two nights of Unisom = awesome. Then they started me on Labetalol (a beta blocker, for BP) on Saturday, and I stopped sleeping again. Mostly I'm just tired, like, all of the time.

Food cravings: Carbs. My stomach was upset early in the week and all food seemed gross to me. One night for dinner I ate a sleeve of unsalted saltines and nothing else. On Tuesday, I ate egg and cheese sandwiches on whole wheat English muffins for breakfast and lunch. Yesterday I finally ate some fruit and veggies again, so maybe this upset stomach thing is finally passing.

Symptoms: Finger/hand/arm numbness continues! Now it's not just in the mornings. My left eye oozes snot all day long and by night time is crusting shut. I'm super tired. My nipples are so dark they're almost black. I feel huge and ugly and gross 95% of the time. The other 5%? Is when I'm actually sleeping.

What I'm loving: Not a whole hell of a lot. I'm not going to lie; this week has been rough.

What I'm not loving: The Labetalol. My current depression. Being pregnant. There, I said it. Pregnancy is ugly and uncomfortable and gross. There is a parasite in my body. I wanted that parasite and I love him with all of my heart, but right now, I'm just trying to get through each day without losing my shit.

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling like a human again. And when will that be, exactly?

Best moment this week: We heard Jellybean's heartbeat for the first time last Friday. I was so stunned that she found it right away that my jaw dropped. I didn't even think to record it or anything. But it was a beautiful sound.


  1. I'm so sorry you're having a rough time :-(

  2. I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable. I hope this will let up soon so you can feel better.

  3. sorry you have had a bad week. Hop

    1. I hate my phone. Hope the next week is better!