Monday, January 5, 2015

what will tomorrow bring?

I've been relatively relaxed all week. Seven days without another blood draw and ultrasound meant seven days I was still pregnant.

Earlier today I got a little worried. I hadn't had a single uterine twinge. Not long after I emailed this to my husband, there were a series of uterine twinges where Nugget implanted. I felt like she was saying, "Hellooo? I'm still in here, you freak!"

Then, all afternoon, I had pressure above my groin area. I Google this, worried it has to do with miscarriage. Nope, just my uterus stretching. Perfectly normal for someone who is eight weeks pregnant.

I get to a place where I think that Nugget is going to make it. She has to, right? But then I end up Googling and reading scary things, like the miscarriage story from a woman who said her hCG levels were wonky her entire pregnancy, and how at nine weeks the baby was crammed into a sac that had stopped growing. If you remember, at my last ultrasound my sac was a little small. WILL NUGGET OUTGROW THE SAC? Is this what happens when you have dismal hCG levels?

I don't know what we'll see tomorrow. I'm hoping for appropriate growth and a super-strong heartbeat. I'm hoping that the hCG levels don't mean squat. I'm hoping that Nugget is strong and healthy and turns out to be our rainbow baby, the one we've wanted and waited for so so long.

There is so much love waiting for you, Nugget. Stick it out and see for yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm crossing my fingers and toes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Trying to keep my anxiety level in check! Only a few more hours until we see how things have progressed (assuming they've progressed).

      Delete
  2. Here from the Creme...Lots of prayers for you today. Please know you are not alone! Praying for good news so you can get off that roller coaster!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from the Creme...Lots of prayers for you today. Please know you are not alone! Praying for good news so you can get off that roller coaster!!

    ReplyDelete